Advantages of Turkish textile:
The total textile exports of Turkey folded five times within the last 20 years.
Turkey exports 49% of textile products to EU countries. Advantages of Turkey in using advanced technology, richness in raw materials and geographical proximity to main markets also lead to market diversification for textile exports.
Turkey has also gained valuable experience in fabric and it is started to present its special designs .
Turkey takes part in many famous international fairs in textile sector and Turkey’s potential is shown successfully all over the world.
Main advantages of Turkish textile industry in production and supply of raw materials:
● Richness in basic raw materials like cotton, wool, silk, viscose, synthetic and artificial fibers in substantial amounts
● Geographical proximity to main markets, especially European markets
● Short logistics period due to geographical proximity
● Qualified and well-educated labor force
● Liberal trade policies
● Well-developed textile finishing industry
● Giving importance to quality, environment and human health, sensitivity on working conditions of workers
● Customs Union agreement with the European Union and free trade agreements with many other countries